- Does CardValet work on Android phones and iPhones?
Yes. CardValet works with the most recent mobile operating software as well as two past generations of Android and iPhone devices.
- Does CardValet work on Windows phones?
No. CardValet is not supported on Windows phones at this time.
- Are St. Anne’s Credit Union credit cards supported with CardValet?
CardValet currently only supports St. Anne’s Credit Union debit cards.
- Why are the withdrawal limit and purchase limit amounts not displayed in the Card Details screen?
This information is currently not shared with the CardValet app.
- Does CardValet reflect the card status?
Yes, the Card Details screen displays the Card Status.
- What are the CardValet password requirements?
CardValet passwords must be at least eight (8) characters in length and must contain at least: one (1) upper case character, one (1) lower case character, one (1) number and one (1) special character.
- If I have two cards from different financial institutions that support CardValet; can I register both cards with CardValet?
You must create a unique login account for each financial institution. Each login account is applicable for a single financial institution. In the login page, the logo of the last logged-in financial institution shows.
- If an address is longer than 20 characters – what should be entered?
Enter the first 20 characters of the street address.
- Can multiple cards be linked to one registered CardValet account?
Yes; you can register multiple cards within a single CardValet app. Additional cards can be added within the “Settings - Add Card” screen. There is no limit on the number of cards linked.
- When loading more than one card on a device, what type of information is needed in order to register each card?
The same level of details will be entered as for the original card. This information generally includes the card number, address, ZIP code, expiration date, and CVV/CVC code.
- When receiving a reissued or replacement card, will I have to update the card within CardValet?
If the card number is new, then you must “add” the new card number to the profile. In addition, you may delete the old card by accessing Settings > Manage Accounts.
Controls and Alerts
- What exactly is the range of the "My Location?" controls, and will this control setting impact internet transactions?
The My Location controls and alerts will check to ensure the merchant location is within a five (5) mile radius of the device set as “primary” within CardValet. These controls impact “card present” transactions only, therefore internet transactions are not impacted.
- If My Location is set but the primary device is off, will transactions get denied outside of the My Location area?
CardValet ignores location information that is more than one (1) hour old. So, if the phone is off for more than an hour My Location controls will not take effect, and the transaction will not be denied on the basis of the old location information.
- What happens if My Location is set but the phone is left at home? Will transactions be denied outside the My Location area?
CardValet performs a proximity check at the granularity of zip code or city, so if the merchant is close to home then the transactions will still go through.
- Can I block all international transactions?
Yes. International transactions can be blocked using the “International” location control. Transactions will be limited to the United States.
- Will location controls, merchant controls, threshold controls, and turning the card “Off” impact previously authorized recurring transactions?
Previously authorized recurrent payments will continue to process and will bypass the CardValet edit checks.
- How long does it take for a control or alert setting to take effect?
Settings take effect as soon as the “Updating information” message in the app stops.
- How do I turn off notifications at certain times such as when sleeping?
You can set the “Do Not Disturb” time that will suppress notification during the set times. Some notifications will still be delivered, for example any transaction denial or any transaction that is a card present authorization.
- Are the alerts sent as email or “push” notifications to the device?
CardValet alerts are sent as push notifications to the phone. The alerts also display under “Messages” in the CardValet app.
- Can St. Anne’s Credit Union turn the low balance alert off?
The low balance alert is controlled on a cardholder level. It cannot be turned off by St. Anne’s Credit Union.
- When is a low balance alert generated?
CardValet updates the balance under two conditions: (a) when you log into CardValet and (b) when you tap “Refresh.” Even if the balance has fallen below the threshold that has been set, it is only updated when you log into the CardValet app or tap “Refresh,” which then triggers the alert. You should always reference online banking, mobile banking, STAR or ATMs for latest account balances.
- Does the app show recent transaction history?
Yes, the app shows the last 50 debit card-based transactions posted within the last 30 days.
- A threshold limit of $50 has been set but I can’t get gas at some stations. Why?
There are some merchant types where a merchant will pre-authorize the card for an amount that may be larger than the actual transaction amount. In this instance the pre-authorization amount must meet the threshold spend limit.
- A threshold limit of $50 has been set, but I can get gas in some stations for more than $50. Why?
CardValet controls are only invoked during authorization of a transaction. In some cases, such as Gas Stations, a card may be tested for validity by doing a $1 pre-authorization, and the actual transaction amount is charged to the debit card after the transaction. Some gas stations will pre-authorize for a maximum amount, e.g. $126, and some gas stations will check validating, e.g. $1. In the latter case, the actual transaction amount may exceed the limit, while in the former case, an authorization may be denied.
- Why are Balance Inquiry transactions generated when I log on to the CardValet app?
When you log on to the CardValet application, a Balance Inquiry transaction is performed to retrieve and display the balance. A balance inquiry is performed on every account listed. The application will not initiate more than one balance inquiry within 30 minutes even if you press the Refresh button. You should always reference online banking, mobile banking, STAR or ATMs for latest account balances.
- What type of transactions display in CardValet?
CardValet only shows the transactions that are performed with the debit card. It does not show the transactions that are done on the account but without using your debit card, such as teller transactions or bill pay on an account. You should always reference online banking, mobile banking, STAR or ATMs for latest account balances.
- Will the balance be updated to include non-debit card transactions?
The balance will be updated to reflect non-debit card transactions. The balance is updated the next time you log into CardValet. You should always reference online banking, mobile banking, STAR or ATMs for latest account balances.