St. Anne’s Credit Union is pleased to be able to offer various events and activities throughout the year that provide support for the local community. Recognizing that financial education isn’t only necessary for the classroom, but for all stages of life, we offer free financial literacy seminars where staff review basic principles and provide best practices and case studies and bring awareness to the community. Please refer to the frequently updated list below (listing of events). Additionally, you may also “like” St. Anne’s Credit Union on Facebook to be the first to learn about free seminars and other upcoming events.
Thinking of purchasing or refinancing a home? Buying a home can be an exciting time. St. Anne’s can help you with the process and give you the tools you need to make better informed financial decisions.
- Secret industry tips that you need to know
- Basics of homebuying (i.e., credit, open houses, contract, home inspection and closing)
- Financing options that suit your needs
- Step-by-step process from pre-qualification to closing and beyond
Understanding Credit and how to improve it
Whether you're buying a home, a car, or applying for a credit card, lenders want to know the risk they're taking on by lending you money. Knowing your credit score will put you at an advantage by preparing you with a rating of your creditworthiness, but if your score is lower than you thought, finding approval with favorable rates and terms will be challenging. Improving your credit will require patience and discipline, but by implementing smart credit practices into your financial behavior, you'll start to see a more positive credit history and score.
- Understand the importance of credit and how life events can impact your score
- Learn how to obtain your credit report for FREE and review the information for accuracy
- Realize the importance of Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) Scores and the factors lenders use to assess your risk
- Receive best practices on how to maintain your credit score to boost your financial health
Protecting your Identity
Identity theft is a billion dollar industry and as schemes continue to grow it is important to protect your information.
- Identity Theft Overview
- Financial Crimes Case Studies
- Best Practices to Safekeep your Identity
- Cybersecurity Technology Protection